Full-time, permanent (part time working may be considered for this role – 0.6 FTE)
WE ARE LOOKING FOR a dynamic, energetic and highly organised campaign events officer who wants to be part of an exciting international fundraising campaign that will leave a lasting legacy on the city of Edinburgh.
Working with the Head of Marketing and Public Engagement, you will plan and deliver a programme of events to support the development and promotion of the campaign brand, leading to a wide public engagement campaign, engaging with multiple stakeholder groups.
This is an opportunity for a self-motivated and organised individual to help support the fundraising and promotion of the West Princes Street Gardens redevelopment project to the people of Edinburgh, major donors across Scotland and to a truly international audience.
YOU WILL BE a creative and efficient events planner who strives for perfection with a keen eye for attention to detail. You will have experience across both the planning and delivery of events, with strong communication and organisation skills and a tenacity to get things done.
About the Ross Development Trust
The Ross Development Trust was set up with the charitable purpose of reimagining West Princes Street Gardens. In collaboration with the City of Edinburgh Council, our aim is to create a unique, internationally-recognisable venue, in an attractive and reanimated West Princes Street Gardens, as a year-round, socially-inclusive centre promoting a diversity of cultural activities.
The unrivalled location means the Gardens is one of the most cherished areas of public green space in Scotland. Our aim is to give these Gardens a fresh lease of life, to transform them into a place that locals and visitors alike can be proud of and want to enjoy. Improving the quality of the offering and making the Gardens more accessible to more people, more often are two of our key ambitions. This is a space that should be celebrated and demonstrate just how wonderful a city Edinburgh is.
This capital campaign, and the investment, it will raise will ensure that not only will the gardens be one of the world’s most attractive areas of inner-city green space on the day they open, but for generations to come.
This project will span the next four years and will require a £25 million national and international fundraising campaign to allow the vision to be achieved. Find out more about the Ross Development Trust and its vision for the future online: https://www.rdtrust.org/
The Director of Development is looking for highly motivated and ambitious individuals to join the campaign team and be part of this once in a lifetime project. The Development Team will be comprised of three fundraising managers, two administrators, and a small marketing and public engagement team.
The Team will be based in the Gardener’s Cottage in West Princes Street Gardens.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and highly organised individual to join our expanding team to lead on the planning and delivery of an events programme that will support the marketing and promotion of a high-level, national and international fundraising campaign.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Public Engagement, this role will be integral in conveying the project brand and its key messages to multiple stakeholder groups, including potential donors, through the delivery of events. Events will include VIP dinners, large-scale public engagement events in the gardens, international prospect donor events and stakeholder management events.
This individual will be an excellent planner, have experience of delivering high-profile events, working with strong brands and a tenacity to get things done to a high standard.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of the Development Strategy and align to the key development and fundraising goals under the guidance of the Director of Development.
- Plan and deliver an annual events programme to support both the fundraising activity and wider public engagement. This will include the development of event concepts; the planning and logistics of the event; the implementation and delivery of the event; and event evaluation.
- Work with the Marketing Assistant on the development of marketing collateral required for events, including creating briefs and liaising with external design agencies whilst adhering to the brand guidelines.
- Support the Director of Development in planning and implementing events outside Edinburgh.
- Manage events budgets, requesting appropriate quotations, monitoring expenditure, and reporting to the Head of Marketing and Public Engagement.
- Assist the Head of Marketing and Public Engagement with creating interesting social media content in relation to events and contribute with the development of social media and digital campaigns.
- Assist with marketing and communications activity within the team to provide cover for holidays/absences etc.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties on behalf of the Ross Development Trust.
- Educated to degree standard
- Proven track record of being solely responsible for delivering all aspects of an annual portfolio of events
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Excellent level of written, electronic and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks in a busy working environment
- Ability to liaise and build good relationships with external suppliers
- Ability to think strategically and develop a long-term events and communications programmes
- Ability to succeed as part of a small team
- Ability to understand and articulate the aims and needs of the projects
- Ability to work with people at a variety of levels
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to a high standard within tight deadlines
- Willingness to work flexibly across a busy and varied team
- Ability to work variable hours in accordance with event demands
- Experience of working within a fundraising environment
- Experience of delivering events internationally
- Good working knowledge and experience of CRMs
- An interest in the arts, design and culture of Edinburgh.
- Salary of £30,000 depending on experience
- 25 days of annual leave, 9 public holidays and Christmas building closed days
- Standard Workplace Pension
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Fauve Vertegaal at email@example.com by 9am on Monday 11th February 2019. Please state on your covering letter whether you are looking for a full time or part time (0.6 FTE) role. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 26th February 2019.